The police are searching for the attackers who fired shots from a motorcycle at another two-wheeler on the Cetinje-Budva highway yesterday. Stefan Belada (48) and Tamara Stanojevic and wounded a twenty-four-year-old girl.
According to unofficial information from "Vijesti", the attacker's target was Belada, a member of the Cetinje cell of the Škalja clan, which was previously called MiloThe bullet, however, hit and seriously wounded a woman from Cetinje who was riding a two-wheeler with Belada.
After being wounded, she was urgently transported to the Danilo I Hospital in Cetinje, where she received medical attention.
According to the investigation, her life is not in danger.
The Police Directorate officially announced that the shooting occurred at around 14.15:XNUMX p.m. in the town of Brajići.
"Today, at around 14.15:24 p.m., firearms were used on the Budva-Cetinje main road, in the town of Brajići, during which TS (XNUMX), who was on a motorcycle with the face of SB, sustained injuries and is receiving medical attention," the security institution announced shortly after the Cetinje woman was wounded.
They announced that in relation to this event, police officers from the regional security centers "South" and "Center", as well as the security departments of Budva and Cetinje, as well as other organizational units of the Police Administration that have been placed at their disposal, "are taking urgent measures and actions in order to determine all facts and circumstances, shed light on the event and identify and prosecute the perpetrators."
Investigation
Yesterday, shortly after the shooting was reported to them, the police were trying to track down the attackers who fled on a motorcycle in the direction of Budva after the shots were fired.
One of the interlocutors said that they were also trying to find the fugitives from the air, who are believed to be members of a clan that has been at war with the Skaljar clan - their opposing Kavač clan - for more than a decade.
"Vijesti" was also unofficially told that police officers spent hours at the entrance to Budva from the direction of Cetinje, checking who was coming to that coastal town.
At the scene where the girl was wounded, police inspectors conducted an investigation and recovered evidence.
Due to the investigation, traffic was interrupted for hours.
Ko je Belada?
The 48-year-old man who was most likely the target of yesterday's attack is known to the investigative authorities. Unofficial information from the security sector suggests that he is a high-ranking member of the Cetinje cell of the Skaljarski Clan, an organized crime group.
In March 2012, he was injured in a fight in the center of Cetinje, and the police then arrested a man two years younger than him. Dejan Milačić.
His name was also found in newspaper columns reserved for dark stories in early 2014, when he tried to kill a fellow citizen. Dragan Martinović.
In March 2015, the Court of Appeals upheld the verdict sentencing Belada to three years and eight months in prison for attempted murder and illegal possession of a weapon.
According to the verdict, on January 7, 2014, he intentionally attempted to kill Martinović in Cetinje.
"He fired a shot at Martinović from the gun, hitting him in the thigh area of the left leg, causing him serious bodily injury," the verdict reads.
At the end of 2017, the police, in an operation during which they searched 21 buildings in Cetinje and Podgorica, used by persons of security interest, also searched Belada's apartment.
The Police Directorate announced at the time that officers from the Cetinje and Podgorica police, with the coordination of the Criminal Police Sector, in continuation of the activities undertaken to combat organized crime groups, with the support of the Special Police Unit and in coordination with the competent prosecutor, conducted searches at a total of 21 locations - 19 in the Cetinje area and two locations in Podgorica, used by 16 persons of security interest.
See more:
Download the app and follow the news
FOLLOW US ON
