The appeals court rejected the appeals, Knežević remains in custody

"The decision of the High Court in Podgorica in relation to the accused Duško Knežević left in force the decision of April 4, 2019, by which this defendant was ordered into custody after the indictment of the Special State Prosecutor's Office on April 3, 2019," says the announcement.

13712 views 18 comment(s)
Taking Knežević into custody after his arrest, Photo: Boris Pejović
Taking Knežević into custody after his arrest, Photo: Boris Pejović
Disclaimer: The translations are mostly done through AI translator and might not be 100% accurate.

The Court of Appeal rejected as unfounded the appeals of the defense attorneys of the president of the Atlas Group, Duško Knežević, against the decision of the High Court in Podgorica on custody.

On April 30, the High Court confirmed the detention of Knežević, which had been ordered for him earlier.

The panel of the Appellate Court rejected the appeal of Knežević's defense attorneys at its session on Tuesday.

"The decision of the High Court in Podgorica in relation to the accused Duško Knežević left in force the decision of April 4, 2019, which ordered this defendant into custody after the indictment of the Special State Prosecutor's Office on April 3, 2019," the statement said.

It is recalled that the indictment against Knežević was brought due to the well-founded suspicion that he committed the criminal offense of abuse of position in business operations through incitement.

"He was detained on the basis of custody from Article 175 paragraph 1 point 1 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, due to the existence of circumstances that indicate the danger of the defendant's escape in the event that he is at large," the statement said.

The Appellate Court recalled that the decision determined that Knežević's detention will be counted from April 30 of this year, from 13 hours and 30 minutes, and that it will last until the further decision of the court.

Bonus video: