At least four people killed in Russian attacks on Ukraine

Kharkiv Mayor Ihor Terekhov said that all 57 patients who were in the hospital at the time of the attack had been transferred to another medical facility.

2743 views 0 comment(s)
Consequences of Russian attacks, Photo: Reuters
Consequences of Russian attacks, Photo: Reuters
Disclaimer: The translations are mostly done through AI translator and might not be 100% accurate.

At least four people have been killed and dozens injured in the latest wave of Russian drone and shelling attacks on Ukraine, including an attack on a Kharkiv hospital, local authorities said.

Kharkiv Oblast Governor Oleh Sinehubov said Russian forces shelled the city and eight nearby settlements overnight, damaging civilian facilities, including a medical facility in the Saltyvskyi district. He said at least 62 people were injured in the attacks.

Kharkiv Mayor Ihor Terekhov said all 57 patients who were in the hospital at the time of the attack had been transferred to another medical facility. He added that six people were injured by glass shattered during the attack.

Consequences of Russian attacks
Consequences of Russian attacksphoto: Reuters

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky condemned the attack, calling it "a completely terrorist, cynical attack on a place where lives are saved."

"Every day and every night, Russia is targeting power plants and power lines, and our gas facilities are also under attack," Zelensky said on the X network.

"Ukraine needs sufficient air defense capabilities to protect the sky from missiles, drones and bombs, so that Russian air terror becomes meaningless. The world must force Moscow to sit at the table and start honest negotiations," the Ukrainian president concluded.

Ukrainian Foreign Minister Andriy Sibiha announced on the X network on October 14 that Russia had attacked a United Nations (UN) humanitarian convoy in the Kherson region of Ukraine.

Consequences of Russian attacks
Consequences of Russian attacksphoto: Reuters

The UN later condemned the Russian attack on the humanitarian convoy, calling it "completely unacceptable."

"Such attacks are completely unacceptable. Humanitarian workers are protected by international humanitarian law and should never be attacked. Deliberately targeting humanitarian workers and assets constitutes a gross violation of international humanitarian law and may constitute a war crime," Matthias Schmale, the UN humanitarian coordinator for Ukraine, said in a statement.

Meanwhile, two people from Kostyantynivka were killed in shelling in Donetsk region, local governor Vadim Filashkin said. At least five more people were injured in about 30 attacks in the region, including the Lyman, Kramatorsk and Bakhmut districts. The head of Zaporizhia region also reported on October 14 that two more people had been killed in Russian attacks the previous day.

Consequences of Russian attacks
Consequences of Russian attacksphoto: Reuters

The latest attacks are a continuation of months of Russian bombing of Ukrainian cities and infrastructure. Moscow denies that it is deliberately targeting civilian objects, despite abundant evidence to the contrary.

Meanwhile, Zelensky also announced that he will meet with US President Donald Trump at the White House on October 17. They are expected to discuss Ukraine's air defense and long-range strike capabilities.

See more: