BLOG Hamas denies allegations of starting new ceasefire talks

Conflict between Israel and Hamas - 232th day

21157 views 7 comment(s)
Bombing Rafa, Photo: REUTERS
Bombing Rafa, Photo: REUTERS
Disclaimer: The translations are mostly done through AI translator and might not be 100% accurate.
Ažurirano: 25.05.2024. 21:57h
Finished
21: 57h

A Hamas official denied reports that ceasefire talks in the Gaza Strip would resume in Cairo on Tuesday, Reuters reports.

"There is no date," an unnamed Hamas official told the agency.

21: 57h

The order of the International Court of Justice for Israel to stop the offensive in Rafah, in the southern Gaza Strip, does not rule out the entire offensive, an anonymous Israeli government source told Reuters.

"It's not a blanket order," he said.

Also, a member of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's cabinet stated that what Israel is carrying out in the Palestinian enclave is by no means genocide.

"They are asking us not to commit genocide in Rafah. And we have not committed it, and we will not. We are referring to international law, and according to it we have the right to defend ourselves," he pointed out.

(Reuters/RTS)

16: 24h

Two members of the Lebanese Islamist movement Hezbollah were killed today in an attack by an Israeli drone in the central part of Syria - announced the Syrian non-governmental Observatory for Human Rights from London.

"An Israeli drone fired two rockets at a Hezbollah car and truck near the city of Al-Qusayr in the province of Homs, while they were moving towards the military airport in Al-Daba, killing at least two Hezbollah fighters and wounding others," the Observatory said. has a large network of sources in Syria.

Israel has carried out hundreds of airstrikes against targets in government-controlled parts of Syria in recent years. There have been more such attacks in recent months, since the start of Israel's war against the Palestinian Hamas in the Gaza Strip. Since then, the clashes between the Israeli army and the Lebanese Hezbollah movement on the border between Israel and Lebanon have intensified.

(BETA)

16: 23h

The Health Ministry of Hamas announced today that 24 people were killed in Israel's attacks on the Gaza Strip in the previous 46 hours.

The new death toll since October 7, 2023, when the war between the Palestinian Islamist movement and Israel began, is 35.903 - the announcement states.

In more than seven months during that war, a total of 80.420 people were wounded in the Gaza Strip.

(BETA)

11: 08h

Israel continued its bombardment of the Gaza Strip today, including the town of Rafah, a day after the United Nations' top court ordered it to suspend military operations against the town in southern Gaza.

Israel, as reported by Radio Free Europe, has not given any indication that the International Court of Justice (ICJ) ruling has affected its plans.

"Israel has not and will not conduct military operations in the Rafah area that create living conditions that could cause the destruction of the Palestinian civilian population, in whole or in part," said Israel's national security adviser, Tzachi Hanegbi.

Early this morning a few hours after the court ruling, Israel carried out attacks on the Gaza Strip as fighting continued between Israeli troops and members of the Palestinian group Hamas.

Airstrikes were reported in Rafah and the central city of Deir al-Balah.

In Friday's ruling, the ICJ said Israel must "immediately halt" its offensive on Rafah and take immediate measures to address the humanitarian crisis across the region.

The measures should include reopening the Rafah border crossing with Egypt to allow aid to flow into Gaza.

The order came in a case brought by South Africa accusing Israel of genocide and asking the court to rule that Israel must end its offensive on the southern Gaza city.

(mine)

Bonus video: